Our business and the purpose of collection
In particular, we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to provide you with capacity to search, list and book kitchens or premises and to provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about our listings of kitchens, premises and offers which might interest you;
- to provide you with information or advice;
- to process payments by or to you in connection with the booking of kitchens and premises;
- to create accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties in order for them to supply the Services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- if you are a member of our Platform, to identify your uploaded content as your content and to communicate with you about your uploaded content;
- if you are a premises host, to compensate you and to prepare accounting records; and
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
We may disclose additional purposes for collection of your personal information in collection statements at the point of collection.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential and/or business address;
- ABN/ACN or other business identification number for tax purposes, where applicable;
- email address;
- post code;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- unique device identifiers;
- geo-location information;
- information about the kitchens or premises you have listed or booked via our Platform and your booking preferences.
Sensitive information is information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record.
It is our policy to only collect your sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented or we are required or authorised under law to do so.
How we collect your personal information
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, our Platform, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you place a listing of a kitchen or premises or when you book a kitchen or premises via our Platform or via any other means;
- when you visit our Platform; and
- if you are an operator, facilitator or premises host, when you contribute content to us.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our Online Platforms. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we/ third parties may be unable to provide the Services to you;
- we/third parties may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about the Services that you have listed or booked through our Platform, or may intend to list or book through our Platform in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect;
- we may not be able to accept uploaded content from you;
- we may not be able to process payments to or from you for the Services.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- third parties (including premises hosts, operators and facilitators), employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- clients and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, payment processing, marketing and related purposes; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with any Purpose, including to overseas cloud computing hosts. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may contact you with direct marketing communications and information about the Services or other products and services offered by us via telephone, email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
We may use your personal information in de-identified form (de-identification being a process by which a collection of data or information is altered to remove or obscure personal identifiers and personal information) and to assist us in running our business. We may also provide de-identified information in aggregated form, to third parties. This information may include (but is not limited to):
- locations of users;
- locations of kitchens and premises;
- occupancy data and information; and
- functions accessed by users including analytics of use of our services.
When your personal information is included in de-identified, aggregated data, it is not possible to identify you or anything about you from that data.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by Chefs Cluster by making a request to us.
Mail: The Privacy Officer
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information and are unable to do so through your Profile on the Platform, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.